Thursday, October 2, 2008

Welcome to our family, Kaisson O'Neal!






After 2 days of pitocin and a lot of contractions that didn't cause any progression, I delivered our new son by c-section at 7:41 pm on October 1st.  Kaisson O'Neal let everyone know he had finally arrived with his cries showing off his strong lungs.  What an emotional feeling that cannot be described.  We are very thankful that he is healthy, lively, and cute....oh, and his father is glad he came "with all his parts."  He weighed 7 lbs. 10 oz. and stretched 20 inches long.  God truly blessed us with a huge gift that we don't deserve but are greatful He gave.  I don't think the responsibility we have for this child has hit since we're still in the hospital for another couple days.  When we take him home, I imagine the reality of what God granted will be completely evident and a new chapter in this Norwood household will be well underway.  Thank you to all for your prayers, thoughts, and encouragement.  You have blessed us so much.  We realize that the way you have shaped Adam and my life over the last 4+ years will carry over to helping shape our sons life.  Thank you for the love you have given and will give to our family.  

4 comments:

The Andrews said...

Hey, new family of 3! He is beautiful and I love the name! The picture with his bright eyes open is precious! I'm sorry if I've appeared to be a "blog stalker" over the last few weeks, but when I stumbled on to your blog from a mutual friend from OBU and found you were expecting I have really enjoyed reading all about all of your planning and excitement! Congratulations!!! Is it not the most awesome thing in the world?! You can't even describe it! My son is now 16 months old and everyday is full of new adventures! I'm sorry you had to have a c-section that wasn't in the plans. I had one as well and the recovery wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be. I will be praying for you to have a speedy recovery and for all of you as you begin (continue) this new wonderful God blessed adventure!

Laura

Austin, Beth, Caed, and Dax said...

He is precious. I love his big eyes. Sounds like you had the same experience that I did...no progress for hours and finally a c-section. I am glad that you are all healthy. If you have any questions, we are just a few months ahead of yall so we have most likely just gone through anything you are about to go through, so you are welcome to ask me anything. Not that I am a pro or anything. Congratulations!

The Fletchers said...

Congrats to you both... Kaisson is beautiful!!!!

We are so glad that everyone is healthy and doing well! Our prayers will be with you guys as you begin the journey of parent-hood. May the Lord bless you and keep you and shine is bright light upon you!

Love,
JC & Dabney Fletcher

Grace said...

Aaron and I are so happy that the world has been blessed with Kaisson...and more especially that y'all are receiving this blessing into your family. He is absolutely beautiful! Welcome sweet baby Kaisson!!!