Saturday, March 29, 2008

The Heartbeat Within

They say you never know unconditional love till you have a child of your own. Today we had the great privilege to hear our baby's heartbeat. Faint and beating quick, we could hear our baby's heartbeat inner-twined with my own. Reminds me that it is no longer just me and Adam, but a sweet child has been inner-twined and joined into this family. How excited I was to hear the sweet beats of that small heart and excited about getting to meet this child of mine in a few short months.

(Baby's heartbeat was strong and healthy...beating about 160 beats per min.)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

160 beats per minute...that's fast! I CLEARLY remember a time when your heart was beating at least that fast! :)

That baby better be ready for some BIG love! I am SO pumped! I am continuing to pray for you and Adam!

jen said...

how exciting! it's amazing that a tiny heart can beat that fast.

Casey Garrison said...

I too remember your heart beating much faster than that...and a couple of trips to the ER that night. I'm still mad that you were given an extra day to complete your homework, but I didn't get that treat in the same class even though I was in the ER with you. Stupid teacher!